Monday, September 6, 2010

REDEEMING THE TIME


Everyone likes to have time. Time for a vacation, time to work, time to play, time to be with the one we love. I have been thinking a lot about time. The old adage "stop and smell the roses" applies here. I have a tendency to plan into the future without enjoying today. A lifetime of doing that would be like the movie of the guy who goes into Bed Bath and Beyond and gets a remote control that allows him to fast forward through life. I can't remember the name of the movie, but it had a message. Are you having fun yet? Or is the fun always in the future?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. . . reminds me of another question. Are we here on this earth to have fun, or is there another purpose? Not that we can't enjoy life, but I feel so flooded with the "all about what makes me happy" agenda of society.

ROD said...

Yes, I hate the advertising emphasis on "it's all about you." I think there is a lot more fulfillment in serving others. In addition, I think our purpose on earth is to glorify God, not ourselves.