Sunday, December 21, 2008

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS



Yesterday, Bethany, our youngest (age 22) in casual conversation asked, "Who is Art Linkletter? Nothing reminds me more of my age than a question like that. With two of our three already having homes of their own I am desperately playing catch up. I still see them all as somewhere between two and six years old. They would have been great on Art's show.


Lin reminded us this morning that when Bethany was first learning to read she liked to intercept the mail. One day she held up a letter, laughed, and said, "Look Mom. Here is a letter addressed to Daddy but they called him Mrs."


Our middle child Erin had a repuation for speaking her mind. At about age two she told her grandpa to close his mouth while chewing.


J.R. our oldest, in a conversation with his mother, was told about what plastic surgeons do. He thought for a long moment, and then asked, "What would happen if they used a real surgeon?"


Now, with our grandchild Micah quickly approaching age two, it starts all over. I am determined to chew with my mouth closed.


3 comments:

joy said...

Hey Rod - that was entertaining.
So...who are your heroes? joy

Bryant Fraley said...

I'm assuming that you heard the Art Linkletter interview on Focus on the Family. I heard that as well and it made me think of the things that my children have said...from the truly insightful - to the downright hilarious. Again thanks for sharing!

Bryant

ROD said...

Yes, you should keep a notebook, then you can write a book in 20 years!

My heroes? How about C.S. Lewis?