Thursday, December 13, 2007

BUYING STUFF


J.R. introduced me to this video from SNL. Steve Martin is a great comedian. I've had a lot of fun sharing it with others, so check it out if you haven't seen Don't Buy Stuff you Can't Afford. I showed it to a class I teach at church on managing finances. I also played it for my LeTip group. They are all highly motivated, self-employed business people, so it struck a chord with them as well. I think there is a certain aspect of crowd behavior that happens in a group when this video is shown. If you really do have money issues you would be compelled to pretend you don't and laugh right along with everyone else. So if you comment, tell me if you are laughing because it's funny, or laughing because it hurts.

2 comments:

Pastor Rod said...

Pretty funny. Unfortunately, many seem to be as puzzled as Steve Martin by that advice.

ROD said...

I am alarmed by a lack of common sense I see among some. Hopefully they will wake up before it is too late.